Specialized planning for a lifetime of care
Start with these Voya Cares resources for planning if you are a caregiver or have a disability or special needs
We could all use a little bit of help planning for the future — but when you or your loved one has a disability or special needs, knowing where to start can be one of the biggest challenges. However, you’re not alone. Voya Cares offers resources to help with special needs financial planning, as well as support and guidance on areas affecting your today and tomorrow.
Here are some resources to review, to make sure you are on the right track:
- Plan for a better future for you or your loved one with our Special Needs Planning Checklist.
- Review our roadmap to Government Benefits (Download PDF), and how to incorporate those benefits into your overall strategy.
- Help your loved one with a disability maintain government benefits with a better understanding of Special Needs Trust (SNT) structure and funding options.
- Naming a loved one with special needs as a beneficiary could have an unintended impact on their eligibility for government benefits. Take a look at our Beneficiary planning case study (Download PDF) to learn more.
- Create a Letter of Intent to document needs, preferences and a vision for your loved one’s educational, social and financial life.
- Contact your employer to learn what resources are available and ensure you are optimizing your employer benefits.
- Connect with your financial professional. If you’re not already working with a financial professional, Voya has a team of specially trained professionals who can help you create the lifetime of continuous care you and your loved one envision. Find a professional.
Financial professionals who are financial advisors are Investment Adviser Representatives and Registered Representatives, and securities and investment advisory services offered through, Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. (member SIPC).