Important security alert: Please be aware that Voya Financial will never ask you to join a Google Hangout, communicate with you through Facebook Messenger, What’s App or Skype, request you to purchase your own equipment, or pay to apply. Keep your information secure when communicating with employers online. For more information, see our Security section.
Internships – Your choices, our offerings
We offer internship programs in both Actuarial Sciences and Information Technology — giving students a “day-in-the-life” perspective. Our internship programs mimic a “12-week-interview” process with potential for full-time opportunities following graduation.
Actuarial Sciences internships
“The Actuarial Student Program values people and I can make a real contribution.”
— Kevin, Voya intern
“I don’t feel lost in the crowd. The size of the program allows for peer-to-peer and peer-mentor support.”
— David, Voya intern
This program is designed to help students pass the rigorous set of exams given by the Society of Actuaries while developing the technical and managerial skills necessary to assume a management position. Through challenging rotational assignments, students are exposed to multiple facets of Voya and a variety of work experience such as: Pricing, Valuation, Modeling, Financial Reporting and Asset/Liability Management.
Benefits of our Actuarial Student Program include:
- Supportive Actuarial Program conducive to exam progression.
- Diverse actuarial challenges and opportunities.
- Long-term career opportunities.
- A stimulating and supportive work environment.
- Dynamic mentoring program.
- Network building with other student leaders.
Information Technology internships
This experience will provide students enrolled in an accredited IT-related degree the opportunity to work in a real-world, high-tech environment. Interns are members of fast-paced teams operating a variety of systems, including traditional office applications, sophisticated security systems, networking, web and other technologies. Interns will have various opportunities to interact with our senior IT leaders, as well as involvement with Voya site events and activities.
Summer programs for students
Voya offers developmental and internship opportunities for students pursuing degrees in Finance, Business, Insurance, Strategy, Accounting, Marketing, Operational Risk Management and Human Resources, as well as many others.
Voya looks for students with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrates Voya’s five critical skills.
- Detail-oriented and analytical skills.
- Teamwork and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Individuals that are quick and agile learners.
- PC proficiency, including proficiency in spreadsheet, Word processing and presentation applications.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA with a concentration in related fields.
- Candidates must be a currently enrolled student.
Products and services offered through the Voya® family of companies.