Security > Voya’s S.A.F.E.™ Guarantee for Workplace Retirement Plans
Voya is committed to safeguarding your financial accounts and personal information from the risk of fraud, cyber threats and unauthorized activity. As part of this effort, we have established the Voya S.A.F.E.™ (Secure Accounts for Everyone) Guarantee. If any assets are taken from your workplace retirement plan account due to unauthorized activity and through no fault of your own, we will restore the value of your account subject to satisfying a few key steps. Voya takes the issue of fraud and cyber risk seriously, and we’re focused on doing our part to maintain your trust and confidence. We also believe that keeping your account secure is a mutual responsibility. That means you play an important role in this process, and the coverage Voya provides under the S.A.F.E Guarantee depends on you taking the following recommended action:
1. Register your account online.
- Complete the first-time user registration process through your plan’s participant website or at my.voya.com.
- Register the device you use to access the participant website.
- Sign up for electronic document delivery — this will allow you to receive important account correspondence and confirmations from us in the most efficient manner.
2. Review your account information on a regular basis and keep your contact information current.
- Promptly notify Voya of any address, phone number or email changes.
3. Promptly report any suspected identity theft or unauthorized activity.
- Notify us immediately of any discrepancies or incorrect information on your account, as well as any transactions that you did not request.
- This includes notice of bank account changes, withdrawal requests, password changes or profile changes, and other changes not initiated by you.
4. Practice safe computing habits.
- Remember not to share your username or password information with anyone else.
- Periodically change your password for online access.
- Be aware of email and phishing scams.
- Do not open up suspicious attachments or click on any questionable links.
- Be sure to use current anti-virus software on your device.
Please note that in the event of a fraud claim, you will be required to cooperate in Voya’s investigation. This may include reporting the claim to the appropriate authorities, providing a written affidavit, submitting your device for examination and signing a release. Following the investigation, Voya will determine how and to what extent the account will be restored (i.e. in cash or shares of securities).
Please also be aware that the provisions of this guarantee are subject to change from time to time in order to best reflect the current or changing risk environment and the appropriate security protocols.
Additional FAQs on the S.A.F.E. Guarantee
Q: Who is covered?
The Voya S.A.F.E. Guarantee covers participants in any employer sponsored plan where Voya provides recordkeeping services and/or administrative services on our system. It applies to unauthorized activity that occurs online, through the interactive voice response (IVR) system and through our Call Center.
Q: Is there a cost for this coverage?
No. Voya provides this coverage to you as part of our overall commitment to keeping participant retirement accounts and their personal information safe and secure.
Q: What is not covered under this guarantee?
The Voya S.A.F.E. Guarantee does not apply to any accounts that are “held away” by a third party (i.e. where Voya does not provide recordkeeping services and/or administrative services on our system). The guarantee does not cover losses resulting from the action or inaction of an employer/plan sponsor or other third party that has been authorized by you or your employer to access the account. Additionally, it does not apply to losses resulting from a security breach affecting an employer/plan sponsor or another third party’s systems; in situations where you do not maintain the confidentiality of your account, password, or other credential; or when you do not restrict access to your computing device.
Q: What steps does Voya take to keep customers safe?
Voya takes numerous steps to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our systems and our customers’ accounts. You can learn more about Voya’s overall approach to security, how we keep your accounts and information safe, and the actions you can take as part of this mutual responsibility, by visiting our website at: voya.com/terms-use/voya-security.
Q: How do I report suspicious activity?
If you suspect fraudulent activity, receive suspicious notifications or unsolicited alerts, or are a victim of identity theft, contact us immediately at 1-855-663-8692 or by email.
Please note that in the event of any suspicious or fraudulent activity with your account, we may need to temporarily suspend your access to the account as a means of protection.
Q: What happens after I report suspected fraud?
You will be required to cooperate in Voya’s investigation, and a representative from Voya will contact you to begin that process. This may include reporting the incident to authorities, providing a written affidavit, submitting your device for examination, and/or signing a release. The Voya S.A.F.E. Guarantee does not cover taxes, legal fees, lost opportunity costs, or other damages. We also reserve the right to offset any amount we would otherwise pay you by the compensation you receive from other sources; and we may seek restitution for any reimbursement you receive from those who committed the misconduct. In addition, we may require you to assign certain rights over to us regarding the loss, and we limit you from assigning your rights over to another party.
The Voya S.A.F.E. Guarantee does not create or alter any rights or responsibilities of any person except as expressly set forth herein. The Voya S.A.F.E. Guarantee is governed by the laws of the State of New York (without regard to conflict of laws principles) and may be modified or discontinued at any time.