Protect two lives with life insurance protection while maximizing your long-term growth potential to build money in your policy called cash value using variable investment options from top financial firms.
- Income tax-free death benefit1 paid to beneficiaries after second person dies
- Helps money inside your policy called cash value grow tax-deferred
- Over 55 variable investment options managed by leading firms to choose from.
- Guaranteed3 3% minimum interest rate for amounts in general account
- Policy loans2 available so you can borrow from your policy
- Solid asset allocation solutions each diversified to match your risk tolerance and investment time horizon
- Automatic rebalancing available to maintain your specified allocations
- Issued by Security Life of Denver Insurance Company
- Life insurance protection
- Supplemental retirement income2
- College funding
- Preparation for potential health care expenses
- Long-term wealth accumulation
- Looking for less expensive insurance, especially if one has a medical condition or is uninsurable
- Financially protect their business
- Fund the transfer of a business
- 0 – 90 (varies depending on underwriting)
- Minimum joint equivalent age: 16
- Maximum joint equivalent age: 85
$250,000 for fully underwritten
Not available in New York
Fees & Charges
- Policy Charge
Guaranteed not to exceed $30 per month
- Administrative Charge
Varies by joint equivalent age and segment year
- Cost of Insurance (COI) Charge
Varies by segment year and the combination of gender, issue age, and risk classes of both insureds
- Mortality & Expense (M&E) Charge
- Based on amounts invested in variable investment options.
- Currently No Charge.
- Guaranteed not to exceed 0.30% annually.
9% of premium up to target premium and 6.50% of premium in excess of target premium in segment year1, and lower thereafter
- Partial Withdrawals
$10 for each partial withdrawal.
- In-force Illustrations
We reserve the right to charge $25 for each in-force illustration requested after the first in a policy year
There will be a charge if you surrender your policy within 10 segment years.
Guaranteed Interest Division: 3% guaranteed3 minimum credited rate per year
Policy loans2 with fixed charged and credited rates are available any time after the first monthly processing date.
- Accelerated Benefit Rider
provides a portion of the death benefit while you’re the only surviving insured if you’re diagnosed with a qualifying condition
- Adjustable Term Insurance Rider (with Estate Preservation Option)
allows you to plan for future growth by scheduling an increase to your coverage by adding term insurance
- Guaranteed Minimum Accumulation Benefit Rider
provides protection against downside risk
- Overloan Lapse Protection Rider
can help prevent policy lapse as a result of policy loan indebtedness
Some riders cost extra and are subject to state limitations and availability.
This is a summary only. Please see contract for complete details.
1Proceeds from an insurance policy are generally income tax free and if properly structured, may also be free from estate tax.
2Policy loans and partial withdrawals may vary by state, may generate an income tax liability, reduce available surrender value and reduce the death benefit, or cause the policy to lapse.
Income tax free distributions are usually achieved by withdrawing to the cost basis (usually premiums paid), then using policy loans. This assumes the policy qualifies as life insurance, is not a modified endowment contract, is not lapsed or surrendered with an outstanding loan. Individual tax results may vary. You should consult your attorney or other tax advisor.
3All guarantees are based on the financial strength and claims paying ability of Security Life of Denver Insurance Company who is solely responsible for the obligations under its own policies.
Variable universal life insurance policies are sold by prospectus only. Before investing, carefully consider your need for life insurance coverage and the charges and expenses of the variable universal life insurance policy. Also consider the investment objectives, risks, fees, and charges of each underlying variable investment option. This and other information is contained in the prospectuses for the variable universal life insurance policy and the underlying variable investment options. Obtain these prospectuses from your registered representative, by calling 877-253-5050, or from Voya.com and read them carefully before investing.
Voya SVUL-CV, form series 2519(JTVUL) 12/08, may vary by state and may not be available in every state, is issued by Security Life of Denver Insurance Company (Denver, CO) and is distributed by Voya America Equities, Inc. Both are members of the Voya® family of companies.
Variable insurance products are subject to investment risk, are not guaranteed and will fluctuate in value. In addition, there is no guarantee that any variable investment option will meet its stated objective.