Protect your loved ones with a death benefit, potentially grow cash value, and allow you to enjoy your working and retirement years knowing that you have supplemental income or cash value that you can use in the future.
- Income tax free death benefit protection1
- Choose between fixed and two indexed strategies for greater growth potential
- Indexed strategy options: A traditional 1 Year point to point and a 1 Year High Par point to point
- .25% bonus interest credits in years 11+*
- Guaranteed minimum interest4 rate to minimize market risk
- 2% policy guarantee upon surrender or death
- Policy Loans2 available so you can borrow from your policy
- No medical exams for faster issue with Orange Pass3
- Concierge Service to help maximize the benfits of your policy
- Optional Chronic Illness Rider, additional riders available
- Issued by Security Life of Denver Insurance Company
*Bonus interest credit is subject to applicable specified policy conditions.
- Life insurance protection
- Supplemental retirement income2
- Leaving a legacy
- Business owners who want to design a business continuation plan
- Retain and reward outstanding executives
Orange Pass3 policies that may not require medical tests or exams
- $250,000 or less: 0-15
- $500,000 or less: 16-50 (varies depending on underwriting)
Policies that require full underwriting
- Greater than $250,000: 0-15
- Greater than $500,000: 16-50 (varies depending on underwriting)
All face amounts available for ages 51-90
Not Available in MT, NY, PR, GU
Fees & Charges
$10 - $20 per month on a current basis (depends on death benefit amount
Orange Pass current basis: $20 per month
Guaranteed to not exceed $30 per month
Charges vary based on the insured’s issue age, underwriting type, gender, risk class, segment year, and segment death benefit. This charge is discontinued at age 121 of the insured.
Cost of Insurance (COI) Charge
Varies by issue age, gender, risk class, and segment year, and segment death benefit
Current charges are 10% in first policy year and 5% thereafter. Guaranteed not to exceed 15% in policy years
$10 for each partial withdrawal.
We reserve the right to charge $25 for each in-force illustration requested after the first in a policy year
There will be a charge if you surrender your policy within the first 15 segment years.
Two types of policy loans2 are available:
- Traditional Loans
- Traditional loans are loans with fixed charged and credited rates
- Select Loans
- Select loan rates will vary based on index credits earned and/or credited interest rates. Therefore the amount credited to the loan can be less than the amount your loan is charged
- Select Loans allow you to borrow money and still continue index crediting potential, which is not possible with Traditional Loans
Riders available (some riders cost extra and are subject to state limitations and availability)
- Accelerated Benefit Rider
provides a portion of the death benefit while you’re living if you’re diagnosed with a qualifying condition
- Additional Insured Rider
provides term coverage on the additionally insured spouse or children
- Adjustable Term Insurance Rider
allows you to plan for future growth by scheduling an increase to your coverage by adding term insurance
- Chronic Illness Rider
provides access to your death benefit to help pay expenses if you become chronically ill
- Overloan Lapse Protection Rider
can help prevent policy lapse as a result of policy loan indebtedness
- Premium Deposit Fund Rider
provides an interest bearing fund from which amounts are automatically deducted to pay your premium when it’s due
- Waiver of Cost of Insurance Rider
can waive monthly cost of insurance and expense charges if diagnosed with a qualified disability
- Waiver of Specified Premium Rider
may credit a specified policy premium if diagnosed with a qualified disability
This is a summary only. Please read the contract for complete details.
1Proceeds from an insurance policy are generally income tax free and if properly structured, may also be free from estate tax.
2Policy loans and partial withdrawals may reduce or eliminate Index Credits, generate an income tax liability, result in surrender charges, reduce available surrender value and reduce the death benefit, or cause the policy to lapse. Additionally, loans may limit your ability to make Elections to the Indexed Strategy. If a loan results in amounts being deducted from a Block prior to its Block Maturity Date, no Elections from the Fixed Strategy to the Indexed Strategy will be processed in the 12 months following the loan. At our discretion, we may enforce a lockout period shorter than the guaranteed maximum 12 months.
Income tax free distributions are usually achieved by withdrawing to the cost basis (usually premiums paid), then using policy loans. This assumes the policy qualifies as life insurance, is not a modified endowment contract, is not lapsed or surrendered with an outstanding loan. Individual tax results may vary. You should consult your attorney or other tax advisor.
3Certain applicants may require a MVR, phone interview, APS or other additional requirements to complete underwriting. A paramed exam and lab work could be requested by the underwriter for cause, which would increase wait times. Orange Pass is only available on policies with an Initial Stated Death Benefit of $500,000 or less for issue ages 16-50 and $250,000 or less for issue ages 0-15. Not available in New York.
4All guarantees are based on the financial strength and claims paying ability of Security Life of Denver Insurance Company who is solely responsible for the obligations under its own policies.
Voya Indexed Universal Life-Accumulator (Voya IUL-Accumulator) is a flexible premium adjustable universal life insurance policy that offers a death benefit to the beneficiaries of the policy and may be purchased to meet your life insurance needs. While the policy cash values may be determined by reference to an index-linked crediting strategy, such cash values support the death benefit offered under the policy. This policy is not a variable contract or investment contract.
Voya IUL-Accumulator, policy form series #1191-07/15, with an equity indexed feature, varies by state and may not be available in all states (not available in New York), is issued by Security Life of Denver Insurance Company (Denver, CO), a member of the Voya® family of companies.
The S&P 500 Index is a product of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC (“SPDJI”), and has been licensed for use by Security Life of Denver Insurance Company (“Security Life”). Standard & Poor’s®, S&P®, and S&P 500® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (“S&P”) and these trademarks have been licensed for use by SPDJI and sublicensed for certain purposes by Security Life. This indexed universal life insurance policy (this “Policy”) is not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by SPDJI, S&P, or any of their respective affiliates and none of such parties make any representation regarding the advisability of paying premiums for the Policy nor do they have any liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions of the S&P 500 Index.