In the event of the loss of a loved one, financial matters are the last thing occupying your mind. Our support staff is highly trained to work with life insurance policy beneficiaries. From filing your claim to resolving special issues, our team is ready to offer extra assistance when needed.
On behalf of the Voya® family of companies ("Voya"), please accept our condolences for your loss. We will make every effort to process your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible as you go through this difficult time.
If you are a beneficiary or assisting someone with a policy from one of the Voya family of companies, please follow the instructions below.
- Call Voya Claims Customer Support at 888-238-4840.
(Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm EST)
- For identification purposes, be ready to provide the following information about the deceased on the call:
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Policy number
- Social security number and marital status
- Upon completion of the call, a claims package will be sent to you.
This package can be delivered via US mail, email, or fax based on your personal preference. The claim paperwork contained in this package must be completed by the beneficiary of record and returned to Voya, typically along with a certified death certificate.
Choose the best option for you, and remember to include your claim #. You can:
- Online - Go to:
Voya.com and choose Contact & Services>Claims Center>Upload a Claim
- US Postal Service - Mail to:
Voya Life Claims
PO Box 1548
Minneapolis, MN 55440
- Overnight Delivery - Send to:
Voya Life Claims
20 Washington Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Please allow 10 business days for us to review your claim. For status updates, call Claims Customer Support after this timeframe. If additional information is required, we will notify you upon completion of our initial review.
Please remember that incorrect or incomplete forms may delay the processing of the claim. There may also be a delay in claims processing if additional information is required after we receive your paperwork.
Help avoid claim delays
Please review the following checklist prior to returning your completed claims packet:
- Be sure the claim form is fully completed and legible. Please contact Claims Customer Support if you are unsure of how to complete this form.
- Ensure the beneficiary has signed the forms where required.
- Return pages 2 and 3 of the claim form.
- Include a certified copy of the insured’s death certificate. The funeral director can assist you in obtaining this document.
- Review the “Fraud Warning” notice for your state. This page does not need to be returned.
- Include any other documents we have requested along with the claim form.
- If the policy is through an employer, please include the group ID number on the form.
All Other Claims
If you are the beneficiary of a Voya fixed, indexed or immediate annuity claim, please call 800-369-5303. For Voya variable annuity claims, please call 800-366-0066.
Products and services offered through the Voya® family of companies.