In the event of the loss of a loved one, financial matters are the last thing occupying your mind. Our support staff is highly trained to work with life insurance policy beneficiaries. From filing your claim to resolving special issues, our team is ready to offer extra assistance when needed.
Death ClaimsOn behalf of the Voya® family of companies ("Voya"), please accept our condolences for your loss. We will make every effort to process your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible as you go through this difficult time.
If you are a beneficiary or assisting one with a policy from one of the Voya family of life insurance companies, please follow the instructions below.
- Call the Voya Life Claims Customer Support center at 1-888-238-4840.
(Monday – Friday from 8:00 to 5:30 p.m. central)
- For identification purposes, be ready to provide the following information about the deceased on the call:
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Policy number
- Social security number and marital status
- Upon completion of the call, a claims package will be sent to you.
This package can be delivered via US mail, email, or fax based on your personal preference. The claim paperwork contained in this package must be completed by the beneficiary of record and returned to Voya, typically along with a certified death certificate.
Voya Life Claims Mailing Address:
PO Box 1548, Minneapolis, MN 55440
Voya Life Claims Overnight Address:
20 Washington Avenue So, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Please allow 10 business days for us to review your claim. For status updates, please call us at the Claims Customer Support Center after this timeframe. If additional information is required, we will notify you upon completion of our initial review.
Please remember that incorrect or incomplete forms may delay the processing of the claim. There may also be a delay in claims processing if additional information is required after we receive your paperwork.
Help avoid claim delaysPlease review the following checklist prior to returning your completed claims packet:
- Be sure the claim form is fully completed and legible. Please contact the Claims Customer Support Center if you are unsure of how to complete this form.
- Ensure the beneficiary has signed the forms where required.
- Return pages 1 and 2 of the claim form.
- Include a certified copy of the insured’s death certificate. The funeral director can assist you in obtaining this document.
- Review the “Fraud Warning” notice for your state. This page does not need to be returned.
- Include any other documents we have requested along with the claim form.
- If the policy is through an employer, please include the group ID number on the form.
All Other Claims
Products and services offered through the Voya® family of companies.